Women's Net Championship
September 12-13, 2020
Entries Close: Wednesday, August 26th at 11:30 PM
The seventh Women's Net Championship will be making its way back to the ever popular Naples to a new host site, Spring Run Golf Club! For a look at the 2019 Championship Results click here.
Entry fee includes all competitive rounds of golf, tee gift, an awards luncheon after the final round on Sunday, and gift certificate prizes. Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
- Female amateur golfer
- At least 18 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- A valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index not exceeding 34.0
- Entrant is required to be a member of the FSGA
- 36 holes of individual net stroke play (100% of handicap will be used)
- Maximum score of 10 per hole is in effect
- Two Divisions - Middle and Forward
- The overall Champions will be the individuals with the lowest 36-hole total net score (regardless of pre-flighting)
- No pairings requests will be honored for this Championship
Championship Field Size
- Maximum of 84 players
Schedule of Events
Saturday, September 12th
- 7:30 - 8:15 AM - Tournament Registration
- 8:30 AM - Round One shotgun
Sunday, September 13th
- 8:30 AM - Final Round shotgun
- 1:00 - 2:00 PM (approx.) - Player's Awards luncheon - Included with entry fee
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
Players must select their division at the time of entry. A player may not switch divisions once pairings are posted.
- Middle Division - 5,200-5,400 yards approx.
- Forward Division - 4,700-4,900 yards approx.
Suggested Handicap Guidelines
The following should be considered when selecting divisions:
- Middle Division - 15.0 and Under
- Forward Division - 16.0 and Over
Committee Discretion: The Championship Committee reserves the right to move any player out of the Forward Division if their handicap is significantly lower than the majority of the competitors in that division, and their scoring history does not reflect the need to play from the Forward Division.
- All valid Florida GHIN Handicap Indexes used will be from the close of entry date.
- Each player must have a valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index no higher than 34.0
- All players will play to 100% of their course handicap
It is the responsibility of any player that maintains a Handicap Index lower than her current Florida GHIN Handicap Index to inform the FSGA for resolution. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
The Middle and Forward Divisions will be pre-flighted based on individual handicaps. The overall Champions will be the individuals with the lowest 36-hole total net score (regardless of pre-flighting).
Generally, divisions of more than 14 individuals will be flighted, however the Committee reserves the right to flight based on the number of individuals and/or the range of handicaps.
All Divisions - Ties for first place in each flight of the Middle and Forward Divisions will be broken by a modified USGA tie break method. The final day 18 hole net respective score will be used to determine the first place individual. (If there is still a tie, the final 9 holes of the last day (holes 10-18) will be used to determine the winner. If there is still a tie, the final 6 holes are used; then if needed the final 3 holes; then the final hole; then by coin flip).
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the event on a space available basis and after 12:00 PM the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $35.00 + tax. Please call 239-949-0707 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
Spring Run Golf Club does not accept Cash, only Visa/MasterCard are accepted forms of payment
- Spectator and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player’s clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
There are no accommodations at this time.
Directions - Spring Run Golf Club
9501 Spring Run Blvd.
Bonita Springs, FL 34135