FJT at Crandon Park GC (16-18)
September 21-22, 2019
KEY BISCAYNE, Fla. - Cameron Piedra and Amelia Novoa captured Florida Junior Tour wins on Sunday at Crandon Park Golf Club in Key Biscayne. Piedra took home his first win of the season, while Novoa picked up her second of the season.
Piedra secured the win in the Boys’ Division with a 1-over 145 and Novoa finished the weekend with a 8-over 152 to earn the win.
A Coral Gable native, Piedra posted a 4-over 76 on Saturday to finish the first round two stroke behind the first-round leader, Sam Kodak. Piedra fired a final-round 69 to finish at the top of the leaderboard, carding two birdies on the front nine and one on the 18th.
His 69 on Sunday was the low round of the weekend and the only under-par round in the division. This was Piedra’s first win of the 2019 season and his third-career win.
Kodak took home a runner-up finish at 6-over 150, while Michael Hauer and Cameron Owens finished tied for third at 7-over 151.
In her first 16-18 event, Novoa went wire-to-wire in the Girls’ Division to take home the trophy. She finished the first round in a tie for first place with Isabella Galla at 6-over 78. She started the day by birding three of the four first holes and finished the day with a 2-over 74.
The Coconut Creek native captured her second win in her last three FJT starts.
Skylee Shin finished in second place at 13-over 157, while Yejji Lee took third place with a 13-over 157.
1 Cameron Piedra +1 (145)
2 Sam Kodak +6 (150)
T3 Michael Hauer +7 (151)
T3 Cameron Owens +7 (151)
5 Jake Davis +8 (152)
1 Amelia Novoa +8 (152)
2 Skylee Shin +13 (157)
3 Yeji Lee +14 (158)
4 Isabella Galla +16 (160)
5 Hina Matsui +17 (161)
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 16-18||6,803 yds., 73.7/142|
|Girls 16-18||5,809 yds., 75.3/142|
|Passing rain showers with strong winds||88 °F|
16-18 Age Division (age calculated on the last day of the tournament)
$95 or $115 entry fee (GHIN vs non-GHIN price)
Click here to view the club's website.
- 36 holes of individual stroke play
- 84 total players
- 16-18 age division (age calculated by the last day of the tournament)
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys 16-18 Age Division - 7,000 yards (gross only)
- Girls 16-18 Age Division - 6,000 yards (gross only)
How Entries are Accepted
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis (if submitted before the entry deadline).
- Players without an FJT exemption - all other entries are held until the entry closing date. Shortly after the closing date, a computer-generated random draw is performed to determine which entries are accepted, and the order of the alternates. All players are notified of their status after the random draw is conducted,
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
- Entries submitted after the entry deadline will be added to the bottom of the alternates list or used to fill any openings in the field.
Click here for more details.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup), and a current FJT Junior Membership ($40). Click "Enter" above in the Tournament Links box.
The entry fee of $95 (for GHIN handicap members) or $115 (non-GHIN handicap members) includes tournament rounds, range balls prior to tournament rounds, crystal trophies for the top three finishers, and a tee gift.
To receive the GHIN handicap price, the player, or one of the player's parents must have an active GHIN handicap at a club in Florida. The seven digit GHIN number must be included and active when the entry is submitted. Click on the Handicaps tab above in the main menu for more information.
Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will be applied to entries received after the entry deadline. The entry fee and late fee will only be charged if the player gets accepted into the tournament field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, September 21st
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
12:00 PM - 1:57 PM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Sunday, September 22nd
7:30 AM - 9:27 AM - Final round tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Approximately 2:30 PM - Awards presentation
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Tee times are only available after 12:00 noon the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $30.00 + tax. Please call (305) 361-9129 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
- Champion receives 8 performance stars
- Top five receive 4 performance stars
- Top ten receive 1 performance star
- Champion receives 8 performance stars
- Top three receive 4 performance stars
- Top five receive 1 performance star
- Ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Walking - players must walk during tournament rounds
- Spectators & Carts - Spectators are allowed. Spectator carts are available first-come, first-served at $25 + tax per day, per cart Click here
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed
- Range Finders (Electronic Measuring Devices) - are allowed (see Local Rules link below)
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The
decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Hotel & Accommodations
A host hotel has not been arranged at this time.
Crandon Park Golf Course
6700 Crandon Boulevard
Key Biscayne, FL 33149
Click for Map