Women's Net Championship
September 14-15, 2019
Karen French, of Naples, and Lori Collins, of Jacksonville, played identical rounds to finish the Championship tied for first place at three under-par. Both French and Collins started round two in the lead by two strokes with a score of 70. Both players carded an eagle in round two, French on the par five 12th hole and Collins on the par five eighth hole, en route to a 71 and 141 total. The tie was broken by a modified USGA tie break method that came down to the final nine hole score. French’s eagle and three other birdies on her final nine holes secured her first Women’s Net victory! Mary Ann Modrak, of Sarasota, played steady golf to finish third with rounds of 72-71—143.
The Middle First Flight was won due to an impressive final round 69 from Sandra Shriver, of Melbourne Beach. Shriver posted rounds of 74-69 to win by nine strokes at 143. Terry Doying-Main and Jennie Taylor tied for second at 152.
Two impressive rounds in the red secured a first time win for Sonia Frederick, of Orlando. Frederick started strong in both rounds, eagling the second hole both days, for a 64-68—132 first place finish. Nancy Suto, of Palm Beach Gardens, took the early lead with a round one 62 at the top followed by Yenisse Cachonegrete in second, one stroke behind. Suto finished with a round two 77 and third place finish, seven strokes back. Cachonegrete, of Boca Raton, claimed second place after a second round 73 and 136 total.
Fang Zhu, of Miami Beach, shot five strokes better in round two to tie for first, with rounds of 73-68—141, in the Forward Flight. Linda Pratt, of Palm Harbor, tied Zhu at the top with rounds of 71-70. Marcy Martinowich, of Naples, shot even par in round two to finish in second, four strokes behind, at 145.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Middle||5,230 yds - 71.6/125|
|Forward||4,874 yds - 69.0/122|
|Hot & Breezy||90 °F|
The sixth Women's Net Championship will be making its way back to the ever popular Naples to a new host site, Audubon Country Club! For a look at the 2018 Championship Results click here.
Entry fee includes all competitive rounds of golf, tee gift, an awards luncheon after the final round on Sunday, and gift certificate prizes. Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
- Female amateur golfer
- At least 18 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- A valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index not exceeding 34.0
- Entrants are not required to be a member of the FSGA
- 36 holes of individual net stroke play (100% of handicap will be used)
- *New for 2019* Maximum score of 10 per hole is in effect
- Two Divisions - Middle and Forward
- The overall Champions will be the individuals with the lowest 36-hole total net score (regardless of pre-flighting)
- No pairings requests will be honored for this Championship
Championship Field Size
- Maximum of 76 players
Schedule of Events
Saturday, September 14th
- 7:30 - 8:30 AM - Tournament Registration
- 8:45 AM - Round One shotgun
Sunday, September 15th
- 8:45 AM - Final Round shotgun
- 1:00 - 2:00 PM (approx.) - Player's Awards luncheon - Included with entry fee
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
Players must select their division at the time of entry. A player may not switch divisions once pairings are posted.
- Middle Division - 5,200-5,400 yards approx.
- Forward Division - 4,700-4,900 yards approx.
Suggested Handicap Guidelines
The following should be considered when selecting divisions:
- Middle Division - 15.0 and Under
- Forward Division - 16.0 and Over
Committee Discretion: The Championship Committee reserves the right to move any player out of the Forward Division if their handicap is significantly lower than the majority of the competitors in that division, and their scoring history does not reflect the need to play from the Forward Division.
- All valid Florida GHIN Handicap Indexes used will be from the September 1, 2019 revision
- Each player must have a valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index no higher than 34.0
- All players will play to 100% of their course handicap
It is the responsibility of any player that maintains a Handicap Index lower than her current Florida GHIN Handicap Index to inform the FSGA for resolution. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
The Middle and Forward Divisions will be pre-flighted based on individual handicaps. The overall Champions will be the individuals with the lowest 36-hole total net score (regardless of pre-flighting).
Generally, divisions of more than 14 individuals will be flighted, however the Committee reserves the right to flight based on the number of individuals and/or the range of handicaps.
All Divisions - Ties for first place in each flight of the Middle and Forward Divisions will be broken by a modified USGA tie break method. The final day 18 hole net respective score will be used to determine the first place individual. (If there is still a tie, the final 9 holes of the last day (holes 10-18) will be used to determine the winner. If there is still a tie, the final 6 holes are used; then if needed the final 3 holes; then the final hole; then by coin flip).
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the event on a space available basis and after 12:00 PM the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $35.00 + tax. Please call 239-597-2229 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
Audubon Country Club does not accept Cash, only Visa/MasterCard and Amex are accepted forms of payment
- Spectator and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player’s clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
The Ritz-Carlton Naples Golf Resort
2600 Tiburon Drive
Naples, FL 34109
$129 +tax per night
Directions - Audubon Country Club
625 Audubon Blvd
Naples, FL 34110