Junior Amateur Match Play (Boys 13-15 & Girls 13-18)
July 15-18, 2019
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Hot and humid||90 °F|
Junior Match Play Championship
Boys 13-15 & Girls 13-18
- 36 holes of individual stroke play to determine 16 male and 16 female qualifiers for match play.
- Stroke play portion ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard.
- A tie for last qualifier's place with be decided immediately by a hole-by-hole play-off.
- For purposes of determining places in the draw, ties in qualifying rounds will be decided by a blind draw.
- In the event of a tied match, the stipulated round is deemed to extend to as many holes as are required for a match to be won.
Championship Field Size
- Maximum of 84 players
- Female or Male amateur golfer
- Florida Resident
- Females 13-18 years of age as of the last day of the Championship and males 13-15 years of age as of the last day of the Championship
- Entrant is not required to be a member of the FSGA
- All players must compete in the Age Division commensurate with their age as of the last day of the Championship - No players are allowed to play out of their Age Division
- Entrant must not have reached their 19th birthday as of the last day of the Championship and not attending college if graduated from high school. See exception here.
- $110 GHIN Members or Foundation Member
- $120 Non-GHIN Members
Late entries are subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
Schedule of Events & Seeding
Monday, July 15th
- Tee times 7:30 - 9:27 AM off #1 and #10 tees
- Round one of seeding round: 18-holes of individual stroke play
Tuesday, July 16th
- 8:00 AM Shotgun start
- Round two of seeding round: 18-holes of individual stroke play
- The field is cut to the low 16 (Boys) and 16 (Girls). The boys & girls will play their first round match in the afternoon off of #1 & #10.
- A play-off will be held immediately after the seeding round to determine the last qualifier's place in the Championship if necessary. Starting times will be posted on the scoreboard, players will have approximately 30 minutes before their matches
Wednesday, July 17th
- Quarterfinal Matches: Tee Times 7:30 - 8:45 AM off #1 tee
- Semi-Final Matches: Tee Times 12:00 - 1:00 PM off #1 tee
- Afternoon starting times will be posted on the scoreboard - Players will have approximately 30 minutes between their second and third round matches
Thursday, July 18th
- Tee Times 7:30 & 7:45 AM off #1 tee
- The Girl's and Boy's final 18-hole match
Scheduling of matches may be adjusted due to weather and field sizes
The golf course will be set-up at approximately:
- 6,500-6,700 yards (Boys 13-15)
- 5,800-6,000 yards (All girls)
- Boys 13-15 - Championship bracket of 16 players after the 36-hole stroke play qualifying rounds
- Girls 13-18 - Championship bracket of 16 players after the 36-hole stroke play qualifying rounds
Flight sizes may be adjusted to accommodate entries
World & National Rankings
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
- Champion receives 2 performance stars
- Runner-up receives 1 performance star
- Champion receives 8 performance stars
- Runner-up receives 4 performance stars
- Semi-finalists receive 1 performance star
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the championship. Practice rounds may be played after 12:00 PM on Saturday and Sunday. The price for a practice round is $30.00 + tax. Please call 352-324-3885 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
Boys 13-15 - Andrew McLauchlan
Girls 13-18 - Chloe Schiavone
Exemptions Earned from this Tournament
- Next year's Boys' Junior Championship
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
Mission Inn Resort
$119+tax per night & resort fee - Call (800) 874-9053 and mention the FSGA Junior Match Play Championship to reserve your room.
You must book by Friday, June 14th.
Mission Inn Resort